Carbon monoxide is commonly called the silent killer. It is an odorless, colorless gas that can come from generators, cars, and other machinery. When inhaled, this dangerous gas can cause a person to fall unconscious and eventually suffocate in the fumes. In order to monitor carbon monoxide, you need to install carbon monoxide alarms in your home.
If you are living on your own, starting up a new business, or simply would like to brush up on safe practices, take a look at the Carbon Monoxide Safety Guide, courtesy of Unity Home Group. The safety guide can be found on their website here.