Now more than ever, Safety Tips for our children are a top priority. The Pima County Sheriff's Department is launching a traffic safety campaign today to help in their effort to ensure traffic safety. It will help to enforce school zone speed limits, seatbelt use and proper use of child restraints.
It will be four days of aggressive enforcement to help serve as a reminder for motorists to slow down and obey the speed limits and crossing guard directions when moving through school zones.
Because we all want to make sure our children are safe. Here are Five Easy Safety Tips for motorist, parents/teachers and students that can help in protecting our children when going to school.
Safety Tips for Motorists
1. Slow down and go the speed limit of 15 mph
2. Be alert and ready to stop quickly and always stop for children in crosswalks.
3. Watch for children when there are no sidewalks.
4. Don't block crosswalks at intersections.
5. Always stop for a school bus is loading or unloading children.
Safety Tips for Teachers and Parents
1. Always buckle up! You are the role model.
2. Go with or have someone go with young children when they are walking or biking to school.
3. Help teach your children safety rules when walking, bicycling or riding in a car or school bus.
4. Teach your children not to talk to strangers claiming to know their parents or offering them a treat, ride or puppy or help in finding a puppy.
5. Put reflective strips on bikes and backpacks so motorist can see them.
Safety Tips for Students
1. Always wear your seatbelt and the safest place to sit in a car is the back seat.
2. Always wear a helmet when riding your bike and follow riding rules.
3. When riding the bus, learn and practice the rule for waiting at the bus, getting on and off and inside bus.
4. Always look both ways when walking and crossing a street. Always cross at crosswalks.
5. Obey all traffic lights and traffic signs and crossing guard's instructions.
Kinerk, Schmidt & Sethi PLLC, is devastated by the tragedy at Newtown that has sadly reminded us of how fragile and precious our children's lives are to us. Our law firm wants to send out its heartfelt condolences for all the families who have lost a loved one due to this senseless shooting. We hope that in the upcoming days we all can move forward and continue to do everything we can to keep our children safe and protected.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment