One of the main tenets of our firm is to give back to the community that we are so lucky to be a part of. Here are some of the highlights of community involvement and contribution that our firm has provided in the recent months.
- The firm has made Substantial donations to the Law College Association for the Courtroom of the Future, the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame, and The Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse, to name a few.
- We have made substantial contributions as sponsors of the Engage Foundation and the Empower Coaltion. I am the founder of the Engage Foundation, which provides free recreational activities for kids. I am also a boardmember and the chairman of Empower Coalition's 2023 Tucson Beefsteak, a 750 person dinner party that will raise money for local causes that focus on our military and veterans. In addition to these causes, I have a lot of love and support for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Arizona and The Boys and Girls Club of Tucson.
- Dev Sethi recently made a substantial contribution to Salpointe's Rise Above Initiative, which will replace and improve the buildings lost in last summer's arson fire. Key to the new improvements is a Student Wellness Center, and as Dev wrote in the solicitation materials, “Wellness and holistic care of high school kids is perhaps the most important place that Salpointe and its supporters can invest resources at this moment. It sets a safe foundation for everything else the school works to accomplish." Dev has also made contributions to the YMCA Triangle Ranch Camp, Southern Arizona Food Bank, Ben's Bells, Angel Charity, American Heart Association, and the TMC Foundation.
- Ted Schmidt has made donations to the Southern Arizona Food Bank, Arizona Bar Foundation, FC Tucson, The University of Arizona Foundation, and the Arizona Children's Association
- Peter Akmajian made a subsantital personal donation to the Law College Association Courtroom of the Future, as well as the Arizona Justice Project, YMCA Triangle Ranch Camp, the Southern Arizona Food Bank, and Tucson Jazz Festival.
Recently, Emerge sent us a nice thank you:
"Thank you very much for yet another generous gift to Emerge, on top of nearly two decades of support. We are incredibly grateful for all that you and your law firm has done for domestic survivors over the years. And we have a donor that will match half of your gift thanks to you. We appreciate all you do for us!"