Dangerous Product: Deadly Defects in Liquid Nails Glue and Stanley Nail Gun
We represented the widow and young daughters of a Tucson handyman killed when the Liquid Nails glue he was using was ignited by a spark from a Stanley air-powered nail gun. Our investigation uncovered that Liquid Nails designed a new label that did not comply with the law and failed to contain the required warning language. The missing warning told users that the glue was explosive. We were also able to establish that Stanley knew its nailer created sparks yet did nothing to make its tool safer.